Peckerwoods

Thread: Ever heard of Zanzibar?

Ever heard of Zanzibar?

I think it is off the Southeast coast of Africa, and I think that Freddie Mercury was born on that island to British parents.

The only other thing I remember about Zanzibar is that the muslims traded a lot of slaves there or something.

Point is, when spanning the globe, if one finds an interesting spot, it should be mentioned, perhaps.

He was born on that island to wog parents. Parsees to be exact; Indians of Persian extraction

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    He was born on that island to wog parents. Parsees to be exact; Indians of Persian extraction

In the days before his death, his once lithe body now rendered extremely frail by Aids, Freddie Mercury made one final request of the woman he described as ‘the love of my life’. That she, and she alone, should collect his ashes after his cremation and dispose of them at a private location never to be disclosed.
    For more than two decades Mary Austin has abided by Mercury’s wishes and kept the whereabouts of his ashes a secret. Not even his elderly parents were told.
    Since the death of Queen’s flamboyant frontman, aged 45, in November 1991, speculation has been rife. Were the ashes taken to his native Zanzibar? Or buried under a cherry tree in the Japanese garden of his London mansion?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...d-fortune.html

SPQR